Friday, February 25, 2011

The Canadian-born singer is in the UK this week and has been invited to hand out a gong at the prestigious music awards ceremony in London. Avril says she is looking forward to getting dressed up for the event, but admits she would feel more comfortable in a pair of flat Dr. Marten leather boots. However, she has decided to wear high heels and is hoping she makes it through the evening without taking a tumble.“I just happened to be in town this week, so it’s really last minute and the BRITs are happening tonight so I am really excited. I am presenting an award and I am wearing a dress and heels. I will be trying not to fall! I really would like to wear these boots with my dress,” she laughed in an interview with British television show Daybreak. “I don’t know what award I am presenting yet, but I am excited.”

The BRIT Awards 2011 will be held at London’s O2 Arena and will be hosted by British actor James Corden. Cheryl Cole and Katy Perry lead the way in the nominations, with Cheryl up for the British female solo artist award and best British single for her hit Parachute. Katy’s Teenage Dream record is in the running to be named best international album, and she has also been recognised in the best international female solo artist category, where she will go head-to-head with her good friend Rihanna.

Acts including Rihanna, Adele, Cee Lo Green and Arcade Fire are all scheduled to perform live tonight. Avril has fond memories of taking to the stage at the BRITs.

“I have been to the BRITs a couple of times, I remember performing Sk8er Boi there,” the 26-year-old singer recalled.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online