Wednesday, June 16, 2010

June 16 2010 - Drake has defended comments he made to the New York Times claiming that he was Rihanna's "pawn" during their relationship.

The singer clarified his statements during an appearance on the Rickey Smiley Show, saying that he was not trying to garner sympathy.

"It really wasn't meant to be some 'pity me'. It was one of the most beautiful thing I've experienced in a long time," he explained.

"It's so rare that I feel nervous and small due to a woman's presence. And I will tell you that, Rihanna had me so overwhelmed at the time that we met and throughout the duration of our friendship that she gave me an emotion I truly miss in my life."

He added that many of the tracks on his new album Thank Me Later were written in appreciation for the times that the couple shared.

"On the album I wanted to pay homage to her for giving me that emotion. I don't know when the next time I will feel that. I would say that I was very in to that situation but I wouldn't say I loved her. I didn't get to know her well enough to say that I love her."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online