Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Disney treated reporters to a day at their Animation Studios in Burbank, Ca. where we heard all about Tangled, the studio's upcoming animated version of the "Rapunzel" fairy tale. We saw beautiful storyboards, learned how to animate Rapunzel's 70 feet of magical hair, saw how sound for the movie was edited and were told how characters were developed. We also heard animators and filmmakers praise Mandy Moore's enthusiasm and her lovely singing voice when she recorded the Rapunzel voice track and music.

We sat down with the singer/actress in the very room at the studio where she first met with Disney about doing the film. Lovely and funny character drawings are still on the walls as we chat with the now dark brown-haired Mandy who has left her bubblegum pop singer days behind in favor of a more adult sound in music and a


click image to enlarge

varied film career.

In the upcoming film, Rapunzel is turning 18 and is still locked in an isolated tower where she has lived her whole life. She was stolen as a baby and placed there by a greedy woman she has always called 'Mother'. When hot and "bad boy" thief Flynn climbs the tower to escape the authorities, it's love/hate at first sight. Rapunzel sees this fellow as her ticket out of captivity. We asked Mandy what she would do with her time if she were locked in a tower for years.....

TeenHollywood: If you were really stuck in a tower for years and years, what would you have with you there and do to stay sane?

Mandy: Music and writing. Maybe I would pick up something I've always wanted to learn how to do like sew; knitting or something. Something that would be relaxing and would help me get into a Zen state of mind and pass the hours. Learn how to meditate. I'd have a guitar, some paper and pens, maybe painting. That would be fun.

TeenHollywood: Rapunzel has basically been grounded in a tower her whole life. When you were a tween or teen, were you ever grounded?

Mandy: Yeah, I think I've been grounded. I wasn't a terrible kid if I do say so myself. I wasn't a rebellious kid by any means. Sort of like Rapunzel. I don't think she deserves the punishment and treatment she's getting but, for me, it was definitely no TV and not having dessert, not getting to go out with my friends. Yeah, that's grounded.

read full interview here

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online