Wednesday, September 22, 2010

So I am sitting at my house channel surfing thinking I am in for a boring evening cause I am finding nothing to tickle my fancy when suddenly…could it be? Yes! Mandy Moore’s “A Walk to Remember” has just started on HBOFamily. (I call it Mandy Moore’s because lets be honest Mandy knew what she was doing when she chose this flick…plus it was the first time we saw her as a brunette. loves.)
After settling in with some popcorn and a diet I took to my FB and twitter to announce the amazing tv find. As stated both places, this movie immediately takes me back to high school. Here is why: In hs I was a total emotional crazy mess. (I mean as much as a high schooler can be.) I was SO dramatic
and was part of a 3-way friendship which was the center of my world/source of my emotional turmoil. This was partly because my two friends were my best guy friend and my best gal friend and they were in love. Talk about your third wheel scenerio.

ANYWAY, the reason I say this is cause it made me reflect on my life then and I realized that I was an extreme emotional cutter. Like if I were sad about my horrible situation (told you I was dramz full) I would sit and listen to sad music and cry. really? yes. Well, sadly upon further thought I soon discovered that not much has changed since hs.

I mean I certainly am not as outwardly dramatic and I actually try to avoid the dramz these days. However, I still have a serious problem with setting myself up for emotional heartache and ridiculousness. And this all comes back to the reason I got my tattoo.

The tattoo of the number 19 I got on my left wrist I got for multiple reasons. 1. It is the title of a Tegan and Sara song I love, 2. the whole song is about Tegan, and age 27, looking at her then current love/heartache situation and realizing she was doing the same thing she did at 19 and how she had not changed at all (similar to my realization), and 3. the song is about loving love and feeling like you are falling for someone before you even really know them…hello story of my life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online