Monday, January 10, 2011

Avril Lavigne promises to properly debut her new single, What the Hell, during Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve on Dec. 31. The song - the lead single off Lavigne's upcoming Goodbye Lullaby (March 8), is a glossy and pumping (and just a tad bratty) pop-rock track.

"This song is the least personal song to me off this album," Lavigne blogged back in November, telling fans what they could expect from the single.

"It's a fun and funny anthem. It has a broad message about personal freedom. It is the most pop track on the record."And while it was easy to interpret that statement as Avril-style aloofness a month ago, now that a teaser of the lyrics has been released, could Lavigne's statement be partly a disclaimer, given her divorce from Sum 41's Deryck Whibley.

Here's what she's singing in the clip:

"I'm thinking what the hell/ All I want is to mess around/ And I don't really care about/If you love me/If you hate me/You can save me baby, baby/All my life I've been good, but now . . . what the hell!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online