Wednesday, January 12, 2011

'I Wasn't Having Fun'

Rihanna has claimed that it was her choice to rethink her image and sound which has made her such a success today.

The 'What's My Name?' singer has revealed that she ignored her label bosses advice when it came to her image before she released her third album 'Good Girl Gone Bad' which hit the number one spot in 2007.

Talking about the average success of her first two LPs, the 22-year-old said: "I just felt, hey, here I am, this money-making vehicle for this big label and I'm not even having fun because I'm not able to be who I am.

"Then finally I said, 'I'm going to do it my way' and I just rebelled, cut my hair, dyed it black, changed my image, changed my sound."

RiRi also revealed that she hunted down The-Dream at the Grammys to claim her hit 'Umbrella' after it was originally put forward for Britney Spears or Mary J. Blige.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online