Friday, January 28, 2011

You probably haven’t heard the name Natajah Burton before, but you could be hearing a lot more of her in the near future. She’s set to release A Low Down Dirty Shame, a tell-all memoir in which she not-so-subtly suggests she had an affair with pop star Rihanna.

Although Burton never explicitly names names, an excerpt from the book does mention a “Barbadian pop R & B artist” with whom the writer allegedly engaged in a fling.

“A friend of mine introduced me to this Barbadian pop R & B artist a while ago,” reads the excerpt, obtained by Mediatakeout.com. “I had heard her music numerous times and was a fan of her unique sound. I jokingly told him I wanted to talk to her. He told me on the sly that he wasn’t sure she was into women but that he would confirm.”

Burton then goes into some pretty explicit detail about their relationship, claiming she had an “instant connection” with the singer and that “sex came up immediately, she was a freak.” (Read the not-safe-for-work excerpt here.) The affair allegedly ended because their respective schedules were too hectic.

In an interview with Radar Online, Burton again refused to name names, but credited the mystery woman with inspiring her to write her memoir.

“[She was] one of the reasons I started writing my book – she was that voice, that light into my life,” Burton said, adding that she wants to become a role model for homosexual youths of colour. “Young black gays don’t have any positive role models to look up to. White kids have Ellen and Rosie O’Donnell, but black kids don’t have anyone. There is still so much homophobia in the African American community, and it is beyond tough to come out – when I did I was called all manner of names, I had guys throwing condoms at me in the street, I was called fa***t, carpet muncher, I was told I was going to hell.”

According to Burton, her book will also detail her relationships with “a very well known actress, a lot older, who also worked as a model” and a “well known female reality TV star.” A Low Down Dirty Shame is due for release in March.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online